50 Gramercy Park North
Ian Schrager Company
50 Gramercy Park North lies on the north side of Gramercy Park, Manhattan’s only surviving private park. The finished condominium, containing 23 apartments, incorporates the remodelled Gramercy Park Annex - completed in 1930 by Thompson & Churchill as a complementary extension to the neighbouring Gramercy Park Hotel - and a slice of entirely new architecture slipped into the space which lies between the two existing structures.
The focus of the interior scheme falls on innovative layouts which organise living space as a series of fluid gathering places, discarding conventions of form to reflect contemporary patterns of use. Rare north-south aspects bathe the open floor plans in natural light, whilst full-height windows allow each apartment to open as an eye onto the green magnificence of Gramercy Park.